Saturday, November 17, 2012

Checking In

It's been a while- I apologize.

Well, I'm currently on leave, and right now, I'm in Hawaii. I was assigned to V1/3 (1st Battalion, 3rd Marines) when I was still in the fleet, and I hadn't seen most of the guys I'd served with since October of 2011, when I was injured. Also, I was only in Hawaii for a very few weeks, and I didn't get much of a chance to explore the islands; I tell people I was stationed at Kaneohe Bay in Hawaii, and they immediately start going off about how wonderful Hawaii is, or how they imagine it to be, and ask me where I've been and what I've seen and on and on... and I always just have to keep saying "No.... No, not that one, either... Nope, never been there.... Didn't see that.... Didn't do that..."
Anyway, this isn't really about anything right now- I just wanted to make sure you (if anyone is reading this) didn't think I'd totally forgotten about this. I got really busy getting ready to leave, and then I was on leave, so I haven't been writing in a while, but I am still here. I'll write next time I again have something to write about.
Until that time, I'm going to rest and not do... anything, hopefully. I deserve this time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment