Friday, October 26, 2012

Don't discriminate against homosexuals, you faggot!

Okay, so right there in the title I've insulted some people, and that's what I want to talk about.

See, yes, "faggot" is a word which has, for years now, been used to insult homosexual males. (not females, for some reason...) But here's the thing:
ANY word can be insulting.

"Faggot", I was told, originally (or possibly just 'in the past', I don't know for sure what it started as) meant "a bundle of sticks". Which makes sense, because think about two naked guys embracing- you get a 'bundle of sticks' (stick-like things, anyway), right? So yeah, that makes sense... why is this a demeaning, terrible insult, again?
Honestly, it is because we as a society have decided it is. That is the only reason.
But people don't listen to *how* a word is said- all they hear is the word, and they read into it what they think would be meant by it. This is why I hate texting important, meaningful things- anything emotionally relevant, etc. I prefer calling the person, so that they can HEAR how I say things. A LOT can be inferred, or NOT inferred, by tone and expression.

So, say I walk up to someone on the street who's holding hands with someone of their same sex; and I say, "Hey, you HOMOSEXUALS, what's up?" and I say it in an angry, insulting way, that would be insulting. Calling them "homosexual"s would be an insult. If I were to walk up to the same couple and instead say, "Hey, fags, what's up? Good day?" in a totally friendly, carefree way... it's still an insult. Why?
Because it uses that word.

I think people are too easily offended. I mean, fuck, we can't say "midget"- I even think "little people" is being phased out now- we can't say "gay", can't say "black", can't say someone is "retarded", can't use pretty much anything that describes someone's ethnicity, gender, sexuality, disabilit(y/ies), etc. Because that's now offensive.

FUCK. NO.

Holy shit. They're WORDS. Get over it! Are you really so weak and easily offended that you need to be protected by society so that no one says the wrong word to you?!

I mean, we really need to be careful about how we talk.
Political correctness has, for YEARS, been a very serious problem. Really. I understand not wanting to insult people, and I understand that some words are associated with a certain person- okay, "faggot" might be moving a bit far. But, honestly: "midget"? Really? We can't say that anymore. What are they, "vertically challenged persons" now?
Just... just, no. Nope. Stupid.
Really, everyone needs to buck it the fuck up and be a grown-up.

(really, this and the last post are pretty inflammatory- please don't try to kill me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment